Premier Elite 48 - Newbie with Panic Alarm issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a professionally installed Elite 48 system that I am slowly making "mine". I have reset and now have the engineers code so that I can reset alarms and have got comfortable with menus etc. I have a 2 floor house and one "all zone" alarm setting. As we live in the country and I and due to be away shortly, I have bought the Panic Alarm, which has learned on to the system. Some answers are needed please....

1. My impression is that the panic alarm will only trigger if the alarm is set. Is this correct?
2. If not, how can I set the system up so that the panic alarm will trigger the alarm in any state?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sponsored Links
I believe I have done that - it shows on my Texecom app as “Zone 16 Panic Alarm 016 PA Button”

So in zone 16 is it set to zone type silent, audible ?

PA is a priority alarm and should activate when system is unset.

So what happens when you test it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Securiam - the Zone was set to guard - I had assumed that it would set the zone up as part of the learn on process (as per Texacom's video online) but having changed it to PA Audible it now works perfectly

Everyday is a schoolday!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back