Premier Elite PSU replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Premier Elite 48 alarm has started flashing up a power loss fault. It is intermittent. From reading on here I believe it is a problem with the switch mode PSU. I have spoken to Texecom support and they agree with the diagnosis so I am about to order a replacement.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to switch the supply.

I planned to put the system into Engineer, isolate the power but leave the battery connected, then switch out the psu.

Is that going to be ok?

Thanks

Pat.

ps. The panel is the Prem Elite 48 metal case and I am going to buy a HAD-2000-3 psu.

Sponsored Links
Texecom have a big problem with these power supplies.
Our engineers are constantly replacing the psu module on all the whole elite control panel range.The panels are less then 3 years old.
Power mains down for control panel and leave the battery connected.You can leave the rear plastic mounting plate in situ and just in unscrew the screw from the black psu module and the plug the lead onto the terminal block and then connect the power leads to the fused terminal block for the 230v supply.
Power back up and reset if required

Texecom have a big problem with these power supplies.
Our engineers are constantly replacing the psu module on all the whole elite control panel range.The panels are less then 3 years old.
Power mains down for control panel and leave the battery connected.You can leave the rear plastic mounting plate in situ and just in unscrew the screw from the black psu module and the plug the lead onto the terminal block and then connect the power leads to the fused terminal block for the 230v supply.
Power back up and reset if required

Presume you've seen this? Hopefully they're changing the design.

"Premier Elite Metal Control Panel Lead Times
We are currently dealing with an interruption in supply of a component used in our 2.5A power supply units, which are used to power our Premier Elite metal control panels.
We are therefore unable to ship the standard product, but will start supplying again commencing on the 12th December. We will clear our existing back orders by the 18th December.

Future orders will start to be shipped from the 18th December.

Affected Products:
Premier Elite 24 Metal
Premier Elite 48 Metal
Premier Elite 88
Premier Elite 168
Premier Elite 640
Premier Elite PSU200XP
Premier Elite PSU200

s.gif
w384_9342967_premierelitepanel.jpg
We are doing everything we can with our suppliers to reduce the lead time and we will issue regular status updates as we seek to improve product availability.

Texecom apologises for this unforeseen disruption in supply. We are working with our component suppliers to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Please note this does not affect Premier Elite control panels in plastic housings. These use a 1.5A power supply, which is unaffected by this issue."

Sponsored Links
That's odd
We have had issues with both plastic and metal versions and also xp200 psu's

So have we, but they may be redesigning the 2.5amp psu first as it's the most common ?

There's no redesign going on. It's merely a stock shortage of one of the components according to one of the engineers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back