Texecom premier elite replacement PSU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have received a replacement PSU for my premier elite 24 poly alarm.
The old PSU (HAC1000-5 / serial AUY) has an earth wire connected between the choc block and the psu and the psu and circuit board. inside the PSU the 2 wires are connected to the same solder pad and one side of a ceramic capacitor.
The new PSU (no HAC number / serial AUB) doesn't have an earth wire so I'm wondering if the earth wire is still needed?

Best regards,
Dave

Sponsored Links
ALL Premier Elite PSUs should have an earth wire between the PSU and the chock block. Don't fit a PSU without an earth. Can you post a picture of what you have?

Hi,

Please find the 2 PSUs pics attached. AUY - original. AUB - replacement from Texecom.

old texecom psu.jpg
new texecom psu.jpg

AUB is older ! The earth goes from 240 input earth to earth terminal on pcb above the battery connection , I changed one the other day ...we had the older psu’s on the shelf

Sponsored Links
Ah, that explains it then, I haven't seen one like that. The latest ones should be like the first photo but HAC1000-6 rather than HAC1000-5

Thank you both that makes sense B being before Y!
I'll cut the earth wire off the old PSU and connect to the mains earth.
The new one was sent out to address the recent PSU issues.
Prior to powering it down I had the following messages on the keypad so hopefully this will will fix it:

mains power off
ps failure
power o/p fault system 12v
and previously an over voltage message
The output of the PSU when disconnected was 20V.

Out of interest are the older PSUs less likely to suffer the issues seen by the newer ones where there are various firmware fixes to address issues? The firmware is currently at 5.01.03. Is there a need to update it?

Texecom have gone through two periods of psu failure around version 2 and version 4

The psu has under gone several designs the latest is -6 but from a certain serial number due to a crack in the component texecoms advice is grade 3 replace psu grade 2 firmware upgrade to 5.04.01

Last edited:
Alarm is fixed and firmware upgraded to 5.04.01 via the cloud service.
Sorry one last question. I noticed there is a SmartCom upgrade to v3. Is that worth going to?
I'm currently at V02.02.02.

Smartcom V3 firmware has enhanced WiFi drivers and IoT security updates. It also changes the way that the LEDs work (it switches off the power LED) for compatibility with the upcoming SmartCom 4G. Up to you if you want to upgrade it or not, the update generally works ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back