Prep for water based Satin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are repainting our skirting in water based satin (I think either Johnstones Aqua or Sikkens Satura), I've sanded it down and in a few places I've had to go down to the bare wood to get a flat surface. Would this need a primer or can I just use undercaoat? I've got some Homebase undercoat would it be ok to use this?

There are also a couple of places where the old paint is chipped and it is difficult to sand down, what would be suitable to fill in the chips so they are level with the surrounding paint?

I'm also not 100% decided on the paint, does anyone have experience of both the Johnstones Satin and Sikkens Satura?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't need to undercoat satin, just two coats. Spot prime the bare areas and fill knocks etc with a readymade proprietary filler like red devil. Satura is superb, make sure you get the BL labelled.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back