Preparation before plastering / flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Preparation before plastering

I have a click wooden laminate floor board system down around where the plaster will be working, I have tried lifting a section of it , but it just breaks it and it will not go down again with the same finish

My main concern is if I leave it down , is the plastering going to affect the floor regarding wet/mess etc.

Is covering it just a waste of time, will i just need to replace the floor after the work.

Sponsored Links
If the guys are any good they shouldn’t make too much mess & they definitely shouldn’t damage the floor – if they are careful & respectful; the plaster is supposed to be on the walls not the floor!

I am quiet happy to plaster a room (certainly the walls anyway) with just reasonably heavy dust sheets laid but to be completely safe & certainly if it’s an expensive floor, 3mm hardboard is cheap so you could just buy a few sheets of that & lay it over the floor; if in doubt ask your plasterer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back