Preparing for the future...Part P Conformity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having some quotes at present to re-wire a house I am buying.

Now the house will require complete modernisation which I am planning to do myself but the first job is the electrics (while I am not living there) and I am getting a professional Part P electrician in to do this.

But I have some ideas of what I want to do to the house in the future. This includes additional lighting (spots in built in bookcase, ceilings which aren't there yet etc., additional shower, etc). What I want is for all the wiring to be in place for this now so I don't have to add to the ring later on.

Is it possible for say the spot lights to be included on the lighting ring without the spots actually being there, i.e. if it was a normal light and not spots where the new rose would be just not connecting the actual light fitting which holds the bulb (so the switch is live and plumbed in). Then instead of having a rose have some sort of junction box that is hidden in the floor space ready for when I want to use it. Same with the shower etc.

Is this allowed with Part P? Thought I would ask before I go in saying I want this and this and that etc. only to find out I can't do any of it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back