prepping for a plasterer?

Sponsored Links
Hmm, now who would have guessed he'd just slap some plasterboard on it eh?

I take it he did more than 1 wall?

Why not set up a web cam and we can all watch him tomorrow?

how long before that damp "just plastered" smell goes away.. I've left the door closed and the windows open to air dry it in there but it still smells..
it's a smell that gets on my chest and makes me cough for some reason.. worse than dry plaster dust when chasing sockets in..

Sponsored Links
Get a mist coat on it (watered down emulsion). At least it will smell of paint then, which is a lot more spiritually uplifting ;)

do I need to wait for the plaster to be an even colour all over? so that it's dry all through?

do I need to wait for the plaster to be an even colour all over? so that it's dry all through?
It would be for the best. But I suppose that means that you'll have to live with the damp plaster smell for a bit longer :confused: Although, having said that, I've put mist coat on before before its dried out properly and it hasn't been a problem. Others will no doubt disagree!!

Hmmmm never tired that... I've always waited patiently coz I've plastered the wall myself and I'd be in tears if I meesed it up.

So he came in a stuck plasterboard to your wall using plasterboard adhesive before he started?

yes.. no browning to be seen anywhere...
patched it all up with board and skimmed over it..

Hmm, now who would have guessed he'd just slap some plasterboard on it eh?

Especially after all that advice on base prep. maybe he’s just a skimmer! Would not have been my preference but I suppose it may be cheaper.
View media item 13094
What’s that line I can see across there :confused: Not where the boards join is it?

yes it is..
is that a problem?
it was taken about 15 mins after he left so probably only an hour or so since it was done and still quite wet....
can still see them but can't feel any ridge or anything..

he had to use smaller boards as he wouldn't have gotten the longer ones up the stairs..

From the photo, it actually looks like the lining paper has lifted at the edge of the board & the plaster has cracked; not good if it has but it if you can’t feel it, it may just a trick of the light but keep your eye on it! Did he use extra adhesive dabs to support the board edges & joins & did he fill & tape the board joints before he skimmed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back