1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Prepping Ply for tiling

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by Brizlix, 25 Sep 2017.

1. Brizlix

Brizlix

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    At the end of my kitchen worktop is a small stud frame covered in ply. I want to tile it to match the walls. Using Google suggested I use BAL Bond SBR to prime it - but then I've read that you only need to prime the edges and underside (guess this is for ply on floors). So now I'm confused as to whether I should prime the face to be tiled or not bother and just use a decent flexi adhesive?

If it helps the tiles are only 60mm x 120mm so nothing huge and the ply frame/box is solid as a rock.

To prime or not to prime, that is the question?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. pilsbury

pilsbury

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I used that exact same stuff for my bathroom floor - 25mm ply with a couple of coats. Floor still good a year later.... (I'm no expert)

4. jctilingservices

jctilingservices

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local