Pressure Equalising Valve & mono mixer tap, check valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've been renovating my bathroom, I've bought a mono mixer tap; the cold water is on mains pressure and the warm is gravity feed so I've bought a pressure equalising valve.

Should I also be fitting a check valve?

...Thanks...

Sponsored Links
do the hot and cold mix in the valve body?

The tap is a regular mono mixer as far as I know SN003 Mayfair Series N Freestanding Basin Mixer Tap I believe the hot and cold mix in the tap. I did plumb the tap in to test it (before I got the pressure equalising valve) to test it and the hot didn’t come through very well.

The cold feed is on the mains and the hot water is gravity fed hence the pressure equalising valve.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried running the hot with the aerator removed as it restricts the flow.

Have you tried running the hot with the aerator removed as it restricts the flow.

I doubt the aerator restricts the flow very much at all the gaps few and large. The warm water came out fine when the leaver was pushed all the way to the left on full warm when I tested it before.

Anybody know if I should fit a check valve on the warm feed and at what point, before after the pressure equalising valve?

...Thanks...

Both hot and cold should be fitted with a single check valve before the tap. Check that the tap doesn't incorporate them first though as fitting another will restrict the hot flow even more.

I discovered the pressure equalising valve (Deva brand) has builtin check valves.

All the equalising valve does is to reduce the cold pressure to match the seriously low HW pressure you have.

If you want to waste your money go ahead but it will not make you happy!

You need a better tap or a pump!

Tony

All the equalising valve does is to reduce the cold pressure to match the seriously low HW pressure you have.

If you want to waste your money go ahead but it will not make you happy!

You need a better tap or a pump!

Tony
chesck valves still should be fitted to feeds to tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back