Pressure Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I'm having trouble with a rad in my house.
I've posted an earlier thread thinking it was the rad itself but now i know its not. i live in semi-detached chalet bungalow with 9 rads.
I had old oil boiler replaced 2 days ago with a grant vortex condensing oil boiler. Incidentally the rad i'm having trouble with didn't work on the old boiler system. However, when new system was fitted the plumber assured me he flushed the system, took the problem rad off and flushed it and replaced the rad valves too. The rad still wouldn't heat. I thought it might b a problem with rad so i shut down all other rads in the system and the rad worked perfectly. I then thought it was a balancing problem so i started to balance the system. However, i lost the heat in the problem rad wen i started to balance. What i did notice was that wen i bled that problem rad their wasn't a great flow from the bleed nipple so i was thinking could it b pressure? So what i did was (sorry forgot to mention earlier i had back boiler) i turned on the pump for the back boiler and hey presto excellent heat from problem rad and id say some of the other downstairs rads got warmer too. I went outside property and noticed a 15mm tee coming off the 22mm flow coming into the house and this seems to be feeding the downstairs rads ( 6 of them). I've no access to check the pipework configuration cause they buried in concrete floor and oak floor situated on top of this.

My question is, will i do any harm to pump in boiler if i switch on back boiler pump separately?
Would these pumps be working against each other?
And finally would i be correct in suggesting i cud fit a further pump upstairs and wire it to come on in conjunction with boiler and therefore do without having to turn on pump for back boiler. Or, is their another solution i have overlooked.

i'm not a plumber but i'm handy enuf wey diy.

Thanks in advance Jim.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back