Pressure problems with Glowworm 24cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some advice please regarding the above boiler.

It's one and a half years old unit, still under warranty. It was professionally installed by a trusted Corgi Tradesman.

Unfortunately this weekend the pressure dropped to 0.4bar and a red light appeared. I have re pressurised the system and this has not helped. There appears to be good pressure as when re filling it comes out the exterior overflow strongly. But that is as far as I have been able to gauge.

Can anyone shed some more light? Give me some expectations of costs involved to sort this through a Trades person? (Maybe the original fitter)

Warranty is not an option, as it did not get its second year service before I moved in.

Thanks for any help

Nick

Sponsored Links
The display should rise as more water is added to around the 1.5bar mark.

I take it this model has the internal filling loop??

Sounds like the water pressure sensor has packed in,

Could get British Gas out, they would do a fixed price repair for £170 including parts and labour.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I thought it should fill but with the tap full open and the overflow outside pouring there is no pressure build up.

My wife had the original fitter round today and he seems to think it is the pcb board, I know this is a pricey unit and with all my research I thought it was going to be this presure valve too?

So would British Gas do the repair even though I did not have an account, and if it was the pcb they would still sort it out?

That would be great?

You should not be filling it far enough for the prv to open :eek:

This could have caused some crud to sit on the sealing washer in it and therefore not seal again properly.

As it is under warranty, then call in Glow Worm, but be warned the 2nd year warranty is parts only and they will want a £125 card payment before booking an engineer.

Sponsored Links
Hi and again thanks for your help. The engeneer did this check and said it was getting good pressure.

Unfortunatly the previous owner did not get the second year service and so to re-activate my warrenty for year two I must pay Glowworm for a service and then a call out. then labor on all free parts, which if it was the pcb would make sense, but not if it was the pressure valve.

Is there a check I can do to see if it is the pressure valve?

Ta

Nick?

I very much doubt the pcb has anything to do with it. If as soon as you open the filling tap it is coming outside then the prv is faulty and needs replacing. It may have opened at some point and therefore it would be a good idea to check the expansion vessel aswell whilst the boiler is drained.

Hi sitting right in the middle of the boiler behind the drop down control box after you have removed the outer cover is the water pressure switch which get blocked and will show up as no pressure even though you may have plenty of pressure.

It is easy removed once you have dropped the pressure from the boiler, it is held in by a clip, clean out and replace, snap open and shut a few times the pressure relief valve after refilling and this should reseat it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back