Pressure treated fence,maintenance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First post,

I had a 17m feathered edged fence built about 3 years ago.It was built with pressure treated wood,I have just left it to weather and grey.
i've had friends tell me different things regarding looking after said fence,one has told me not to treat it with a coloured fence paint,and just leave it alone to grey it will be fine.
Another friend has told me to paint it as this will extend its life,what advise can you give me,I have two pots of red cedar timber care in my shed for painting if required.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The pressure treatment will keep rot at bay for quite a while, it does fade away though but your usually alright up to about ten years. It's the uv rays from the sun you've gotta worry about, which breal down the cells in the timber.
Most treatments will protect against this, it will also be water resistant to a degree.
Do it now and every year or two and the fence should last a long time.

What product is it? brand?

better to give a coat of decking oil than any form of stain. it will do more good for the wood

Sponsored Links
Its B&Q Timber care,shed and fence,I have 2 5L pots.I painted my shed with it and it seem to bead water very well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back