pressure vessel for heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone advise me please?
I'm replacing an old combi boiler with an electric one. The combi was in the flat because it was not possible to have a head of water and a header tank in the loft. Obviously the combi had it's own pressure vessels built in. I understand that I can fit the electric boiler with a seperate pressure vessel and gauge, but: How big a vessel do I need (I'm only running three radiators, water is heated seperately), and what pressure should I run it at? I'd appreciate your help

Sponsored Links
This really depends on the water content of the system. I would say that 8-12 litres will be fine. Dont forget the safety kit to go with it.

System should be run at about 1bar cold.

Do you realise how expensive it is to run an electric boiler :rolleyes:

Thanks for that, I'll get a vessel that sort of size then, and I won't forget the safety kit. I know they're pricey to run but the electricity in the flat is "all-in" with the rent, so the landlord will be paying - bless him!

Sponsored Links
weareleeds said:
How long before he puts rent up bless you

I quite agree...I cant see a landlord bearing the cost of an additional £100 a month to run a tenents electric boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back