PRV and Pressure vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine is on his third heat exchanger on a Sabre combie. Volkara has advised him to install a pressure reducing valve and a pressure vessel on his cold water main. What is the correct order to install these components? ie. Stop cock - pressure vessel - pressure reducing valve. His mains pressure is at 3.5 bar, What pressure should he set the PRV to and pressure vessel charge.

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
is it a biflow model?

Unless they've changed it's the vokera compact which is a Band D linea with a recuperator; reliable pedigree.

In any case it has a plate heat exchanger.

OP Put the pressure vessel on the boiler side of the pressure reducing valve.

Sponsored Links
prv has nowt te de withit howay lad give the old haggis a shake :LOL: :LOL: ;)

sorry kev meant Pressure Reducing Valve that OP mentioned at the start of thread, the one Vokera have told him to fit.

Can only think its warranty repairs being done by Vokera for leaks on hex.

hows life anyway mucker?

The boiler quotes a maximum 6.0 bar mains inlet.

What I suspect is there is a loose jumper stopcock or non return valve before the boiler. This is allowing pressure to build too high as there is no expansion available.

A pressure reducing valve above the main stopcock (to maintain balanced pressures), and on the boiler inlet, fit a single check valve followed by the mini expansion vessel.

sorry kev meant Pressure Reducing Valve that OP mentioned at the start of thread, the one Vokera have told him to fit.

Can only think its warranty repairs being done by Vokera for leaks on hex.

hows life anyway mucker?
plodding marra just plodding ;)

still trying to fig out how i can get out of getting married (again) :LOL: :LOL: ;)

bleeding yanks are worse than pit bulls

it's ok bett don't read this forum :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

still trying to fig out how i can get out of getting married (again) :LOL: :LOL: ;)

bleeding yanks are worse than pit bulls

fake your own death, tell her your gay,tell her you miss unblocking british lavvy pans :LOL: :evil: :LOL: :evil:
keep your powder dry big man

What was the failure mode of the HE ?

Tony

Fracture I believe

The boiler quotes a maximum 6.0 bar mains inlet.

What I suspect is there is a loose jumper stopcock or non return valve before the boiler. This is allowing pressure to build too high as there is no expansion available.

A pressure reducing valve above the main stopcock (to maintain balanced pressures), and on the boiler inlet, fit a single check valve followed by the mini expansion vessel.

Thankyou, will tell him.

And yes they were all warrantee repairs, But they have stated they will not repair it again unless he takes these steps.

Thankyou all, Sorry for the delay in replying I was away the weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back