pressure vessel mounting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a pressurized system installed at our house by our builders plumber 2.5 years ago.

The pressure vessel (24l intervarem) beside the pump has recently started to droop but it is not leaking (yet!). No water from the Schrader valve so I think the droop is due to the tank being poorly supported.

I guess it should be supported with a wall bracket/straps.

Clearly I need someone do this work. However, (to avoid a bodged job) I want ensure the appropriate supports are used.

What would you guys use?
IMG_20171019_190106.jpg
IMG_20171018_194007.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ours at work was installed like that, as were the neighboring premises.

One day, the unit installed in the company next door, failed. The internal membrane that keeps the air pocket separate from the water inside the vessel split, the vessel filled with water became heavier, and snapped clean off the pipe. The premises were unoccupied at the time so when we arrived for work on Monday morning, the water was running out of their lobby doors and down the road.

As a result, we had a metal supporting stool welded up and rested our vessel on that to take the extra weight. Eventually ours failed too, but the stool held it in place. The new one was mounted vertically and supported on a bracket from the wall.

We had a pressurized system installed at our house by our builders plumber 2.5 years ago.

The pressure vessel (24l intervarem) beside the pump has recently started to droop but it is not leaking (yet!). No water from the Schrader valve so I think the droop is due to the tank being poorly supported.

I guess it should be supported with a wall bracket/straps.

Clearly I need someone do this work. However, (to avoid a bodged job) I want ensure the appropriate supports are used.

What would you guys use? View attachment 133775 View attachment 133776

You have to be special to install a vessel like that :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You have to be special to install a vessel like that :LOL:

Yes, it is not inspiring confidence in the rest of the system!

Most reviews of the screwfix mount mention that more than one band is needed and that the band clamps are rubbish.

Do you guys know what size band it is or where to source better quality bands/clamps?

Oh sorry mate , here let me google a better quality item for you as you seem to be busy. :rolleyes:

Yes, that Screwfix kit is absolutely useless (I bought one). Really you want something like this:

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/He...essels/sd3234/Expansion+Vessel+Bracket/p14121

I.e. the pipe enters the vessel at the bottom and it is supported there. But that will be difficult with your existing pipework.

Cheers, that looks more robust and I don't mind getting a plumber to move pipes around if necessary to better support the vessel.

However, the 24L pressure vessel we have is quite wide @ 351mm.

Do you know if that L bracket arm and opening is long enough to fit this vessel?

Thanks for your help!

I wonder which of the 3 of us buy, install, maintain the most vessels? :)

Oh I'm absolutely at the bottom of the list, but I do have a 100% failure rate trying to use that bracket!
I'm curious, have you suceeded using that strap with the sort of flangeless vessel I linked to?
We can't actually see whether crollorc's vessel has a flange.

Oh I'm absolutely at the bottom of the list, but I do have a 100% failure rate trying to use that bracket!
I'm curious, have you suceeded using that strap with the sort of flangeless vessel I linked to?
We can't actually see whether crollorc's vessel has a flange.

FYI ... tiny flange
IMG_20171019_194544.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back