Pressurised hot water tank - installation instructions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a square unvented indirect hot water tank from a company called IPPEC which has all the connections at the top to help save space where it's being installed.

The installation 'instructions' amount to 2 pages of A4 which labels what the holes are, some description of what has been supplied and a wiring connection diagram. I've had a look online at installation manuals from other suppliers and they are *much* more informative regarding safety parameters and fitting/connection instructions.

My installation plumber took one look on the day and refused point blank to install the tank on safety grounds given the lack of manufacturer information.

IPPEC state that those are the installation instructions and thats it as far as they are concerned (apart from some pictures of installed systems they sent via email), though they have offered to give me contact details for their installers.

My question really boils down to: What would normally be expected for a plumber to be able to safely install an unvented hot water tank and are there any regulations in this area?

Currently I'm stuck with a £600 tank looking for a reputable installer who will touch the thing without comprehensive documentation (or potentially being ripped off using IPPEC's recommendations).

Thanks in advance for any insight here.

Sponsored Links
I'm nowhere near you so am not touting for work.

As long as you can show the cylinder is WRAS approved, I would have no issues fitting this for you.

Any installer qualified to fit Unvented Hot Water Systems (sometimes known as G3) should be able to do the same.

Looking at their website, I see this is glass enamaled steel construction. If this is the same as the Ariston ones, you will not have a warranty unless a PERMANENT 230V mains supply is provided for the sacrificial anode - you will need to check. So they may have to have part P qualifications ( or bring a sparky) also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back