Preventing Leaking Underfloor Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I live on the second floor of a converted victorian house and have had two leaky pipes recently (one central heating, one water) which have both caused damage to the plasterboard ceiling of the neighbours below me.

The neighbours have been great about this, but does anyone know of any way of preventing leaks/diverting leaking water so that it drains outside? (I'm having the plumber round tomorrow to inspect the pipework and would like to fit something before I replace my laminate floors again ...)

many thanks

Martinelli

Sponsored Links
The man who comes up with a foolproof way of preventing leaks on old pipework will quickly become a very rich man indeed...

Sponsored Links
Do the pipe runs in plastic push fit and sleeve them in 2" waste pipe, use swept waste bends at changes of direction, tees where the pipes need to tee off for rads, another tee with a reducer to o/flow where the pipe can exit to outside, job done.

I think it might catch on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back