Price estimate for fitting extractor fan vent through roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I'm renovating a second story (top floor) 1930's tenement flat in Glasgow. It has a tiled roof.

I want to vent the bathroom and kitchen extractor fans through the roof. Preferably using only one vent through the roof.

Can anyone help with:

1: Estimate of cost to do the roofing part of this job.
2: Recommend a roofer who would do a competent job.

Many thanks! :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As toproofer says! straightforward enough though slightly longer than half an hour due to having to cut through the sarking boards.

Budget 150 to 200. supply and fit x2 vent tiles.

12 mtr £200 ? Sounds cheap.
12 mtr is not ladder work
Correct`. That's nuts pricing. The items alone will cost nearly that when you consider ducting, angle grinder hire, other tile repairs etc.
Deffo not ladder work. We'd use a pitched multi slate , pipe and mush' cowl....

A more realistic price for us mortal roofers without wings, would be upwards of £1'500

Last edited:
I’m guessing that might’ve been sarcasm, but probably not all that unrealistic at the end of the day

Def not £200

Almost certainly over £1000 maybe less than £2000

Let’s see what prices you get

Do you have to put it through the roof, are there any better routes through say the trim around the edge of the roof.
Asking as going through the roof cools the vent pipe at that point and can cause condensation condensation to flow back down vent pipe (in my case leaking onto ceiling).
Sfk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back