Extractor Fan through Flat Felted Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to vent a kitchen extractor fan vertically through a flat roof and am not quite sure how to go about inserting a water tight vent.

It's a standard flat roof of joists, board and felt.

Any pointers of what to use would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Miles

Sponsored Links
Use one of these...
fp-flat-roof.jpg

a bit of this....
underground-pipe-%7Bweb%7D.jpg

and finish it with one of these.....
4110_110mm_roof_vent_cowl.jpg

You may need to fit a bit of cradling or strapping to secure the short length of 110mm pipe.

Only leave enough of the 110mm pipe showing through the lead slate as to allow the fitting of the cowl. This then keeps the cowl close to the lead slate and allows the cowl to weather the joint around the lead effectively.

The fan can be connected to the 110mm pipe via 100mm flexi-duct.

Sponsored Links
disagree with that ...
I kind of agree - for the cost of a collar , but it must be glued on ;) then the mushroom cap doesn`t necesarily have to be - cuz the things break off sometimes. then the lead`s got to be bonded to the felt roof - what`s best for that :confused:

because the mushroom/cowl does not seal the lead slate to the pipe off cut,it will simply but to the top edge of the slate.

Glad it works for you....personally I get a £1.00 collar and have a proper umbrella.. each to their own on this one i guess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back