price for work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am getting my 2 double bedroom tunnel linked terraced house with a kitchen and living room to ground floor. referbished including a new 4x4 metre extension.

at the moment the bathroom is joined onto the house at the rear made like a porta cabin.

i will be knocking this down ready for the new extension to be built.

i will be getting complete rewired and new central heating(combi with underfloor heating to ground floor)

the second bedroom is being devided into bedroom and bathroom.

most of the plaster is gone bad and has to be removed.

the roof is getting replaced with redland 49 tiles.

i am supplying the kitchen/bathroom/wc/heating/doors/tiles.

i have been quoted £32,000/ £36,000 and £45,000 i liked the builders who quoted £32,000 all are from the FMB website.

what do you think?.

please note forum rules, 9

Sponsored Links
go with who your happy with, when you say you liked the one who quoted £32000 what do you mean?

They measured all the rooms and walls.
They wrote everything down.
They were on time.
They knew what they were talking about.

It was not the price that made me like them as i had no quotes when they came.

The builders that quoted £36,000 were from a extension that they were doing around the corner. I saw the progress on it every day as it was built at the side of the house. I liked the quality of there work but they did not even measure up or write anything down when they came around to look and they missed work of the quote.

The £45,000 builder messed me around for 2 weeks before coming to look at the job and his worker stunk of booze like he was a p**s head.

Another builder come and has not even sent a quote even though he phoned me for the job?.

My total budget is £50,000 and that is £10,000 Kitchen, £30,000 Building, £2000 Bathroom , £500 WC , £2000 Roof, £2000 Heating, £2000 Flooring, £1500 Other bits.

These are maximum amounts.

Sponsored Links
the rewire is in with the quotes. although this excludes the sockets etc as i have chrome ones to go in (already purchased)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back