Price of adhesives...WHAT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As an amateur I under-estimated the amount of adhesive that would be required to finish my bathroom wall and floor tiling.

Originally I got a 20kg sack of BAL Single Part Flexible online for £26.

Today I picked up a 20kg sack from a well known high-street retailer for £43 !

:evil:

Sponsored Links
I bet I know who that was ;) ; I try not to use them unless I’m stuck & it’s absolutely necessary. I’ve had some success in getting a discount at some branches but you have to bully them a bit & not all will play “BAL” :LOL: with their standard discount offer unless you’re buying their tiles, which are also bloody expensive! I think it’s a total rip off considering how much of the stuff they must sell!

I was a bit unfortunate in that the independent I used to use closed their local branch here last year & retreated to Ipswich; too far for me to travel. Problem with buying on line is the single delivery charge makes a one off bag unrealistic although at what you paid, the difference is only be around £3. :rolleyes:

Even with a £7.50 delivery charge at £33.50 I would of saved almost £10 but I needed the bag immediately as I'm tiling on my days off.

Even with a £7.50 delivery charge at £33.50 I would of saved almost £10 but I needed the bag immediately as I'm tiling on my days off.
Interesting, I though I'd found one of the cheapest; whose charging you just £7.50 for a 20kg delivery? might be worth me having a look at them if the rest of their pricing structure is OK.

Sponsored Links
Interesting, I though I'd found one of the cheapest; whose charging you just £7.50 for a 20kg delivery? might be worth me having a look at them if the rest of their pricing structure is OK.
Tried to message you as i didn't know if naming companies is allowed on the board, but your settings don't accept messages from non-friends.

trades-direct is who i used, although they now charge £7.95

No, OK as far as I know; it’s only if you’re slagging them that will get you into trouble.

I’ll have another look at them but I believed their delivery charge was on an ever increasing scale rather than a one size fits all which I pay; that can turn out more expensive & you have to watch it but thanks for that, I’ll have another look!

I'm assuming you're talking about Topps Tiles here. :D Just go in and tell them that you've seen the adhesive at £26 on the internet and you want it around that price. There's a massive mark up on adhesive so they should do you a deal.

I'm assuming you're talking about Topps Tiles here. :D Just go in and tell them that you've seen the adhesive at £26 on the internet and you want it around that price. There's a massive mark up on adhesive so they should do you a deal.
Massive indeed it is :eek: ; as I said, I’ve found many branches are prepared to accommodate me but I’ve had a “like it or lump it” response from a couple. Their price promise excludes internet sites & they seem pretty sure who else is operating locally in their area. I avoid these branches if I can but it depends where I am & it’s not always easy if you’re stuck for it. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back