Bal PTB flexible adhesive ok for walls/Which sealer/Primer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's the question? I am doing a floor and part wall - 4sqm each. Shall I get a 20kg bag of Bal PTB flexible adhesive for the floor, and a 20kg bag of the BAL Single Part Flexible adhesive for walls, or will 2 x the first be ok? I am tiling with slate.

Sponsored Links
ps

is Aqua Mix High-Gloss Sealer ok for pre-grout sealing?

and for those of you experienced with Bal products - will i need to use a bal primer before adhesive? (Tiling onto ply and hardibacker). I am ordering online so want to get it all in one go.

BALs coverage figures are a bit optimistic, though does depend on what size notch and how uneven the slate is, I'd get two bags for teh floor and one for the walls and use singel part flexi or rapidset flexi on the walls.

No need to prime either surface.

Not used the aquamix, usually use Lithofin sealers.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Thanks Jason.

I've gone for single part flex listed under wall adhesive on trades direct. Then PTB flex (under floor adhesive) for the floors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back