Price of new water connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just thought I'd check out what people normally pay for a new water connection. I want two new connections to my property and my local water company wants £1700 for this, which includes them connecting with a 1 meter trench. I.e they dig up 1 meter to get to my trench.

I had a quote for gas and that came in at £400 so this quote seems very high.

Just wondering what kind of prices other people pay.

Sponsored Links
You would have to supply all the variables involved (eg are you significantly increasing the diameter of the pipes?) and perhaps a couple of photos?

Gas connection does seem rather cheap by their usual standards, so I'd keep quiet there. I know Anglian Water have just charged the local Football Club around £800 for a 25mm connection, I ran the new supply to the pavement edge as property boundary, they had around a metre of trench to dig to get to the main, and provide a meter/valve box.

Unfortunately they have you held to ransom, maybe if the market opens up a bit then the option to shop around in future may arise.

Sponsored Links
I used to be an Anglian Water approved plumber.I know from experience that they aren't cheap
you could have a word and see if they could reduce the charge a bit but like Hugh says they have
you by the short and curlys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back