Price of re-roofing a flat felt roof 1x3metres

And that's why my roofs don't leak. My footings don't move, my taps don't drip... It's because we do it right. You don't have to pay a fortune either. Well, unless your a customer. It your in the trade you get a much better price. Simples !

The only leaks I have had have been where "professionals" have been used. Which is why I then go on and train up my guys. The reason I've had to learn so much about the building trade (other than the fact I refurb houses) is because of the number of incompetent trades men. Unless you know what your doing it's impossible to point out their failures.

Had a 'discussion' with one roofing contractor about lead lappings. He knew it all. Well, until I said fine, well just call the building inspector.. Next day, correct lappings....

Gripe over :)

I've been removing hedges with a digger into 35 foot roll-on-off trailers. It was way too hot !!

Sponsored Links
I then go on and train up my guys. ) because of the number of incompetent trades men. Unless you know what your doing it's impossible to point out their failures.

Had a 'discussion' with one roofing contractor about lead lappings. He knew it all. Well, until I said fine, well just call the building inspector.. Next day, correct lappings....

!!
Fair play to you for training . Plenty of incompetent "trades" - because , hey-Ho the government won`t licence them . There`s a lot of our EU friends working here :mrgreen: Roofers have stolen the leadwork from plumbers , a large % of roofers come from a Mobile workforce background ;)

scottish slater and shirazman have my backing, for what it's worth. So many of the price claims on these forums remind me of the nonsense prices quoted on TV programs like "Homes under the hammer"

Reality:
1. you initially view the job and quote.
2. return when accepted, and rip-off - chances of further damage revealed.
3. list and go collect mats.
4. do the work.
5. clean up and dispose of debris.
6. always a two-person crew min.

Sponsored Links
Any one charging less than £400 doesnt value or think much of their work.

You might get Benefit claimants doing the cheaper jobs, you then pay cheap and pay twice.

Most good tradesmen price accordinaly to doing a proffesional job that will last many years, and get referalls from their reputations.

We always measure up, and 9 times out of 10 its obvious if any boards need replacing, even if it means lifting some of the existing roof covering.
If we get the job, all materials will be on board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back