Price per sqm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I'm hoping to get a rough cost per square meter for a brick layer, I want to have a small extension but have to manage it myself as I simply do not have the funds to go to a builder with a set of plans.

So assuming the foundations are complete I'm looking for a rough labour cost per square meter for brick work and block, it's in kent and very easy access to main road, I've been told £500 per 1000 bricks, is that right?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
, I've been told £500 per 1000 bricks, is that right
Yes it is.
It would also be right if someone quoted you £1000 per thousand bricks.

And, it would still be right if someone quoted you £200 per thousand bricks.

All depends on the demand for bricklayers, the complexity of the bricklaying and the type of bricks and the location of the bricks being laid. And then there is the inner block leaf to consider too.

, I want to have a small extension but have to manage it myself
If you get decent tradesmen, that are experienced with regulated building you should be ok. However, if you employ cheaper more naïve bods, then you need to swat up on the latest rules and reg's. Ultimately, you will be responsible. It's the little things like lintel bearings, tie wires at abutments, cavity trays/weep vents etc, that get overlooked when inexperienced people build extensions etc.
Good luck.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back