Price to have GRUNDFOS pump changed on manifold

Reaction score
Guys

I had an engineer come today to look at my underfloor heating and said that I need to get my pump changed. He says it’s top of the range but seems steep. He’s quoting £670+vat for pump and £200 to fit it.

He’s also charging £1884 to supply and for three Heatwise stats, actuators and control centre to zone up the current set up which he says is why I’m not getting a balanced system.

Am I being ripped off. What should I pay and how long should it take.

Cheers

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3659810733.jpg
    iOS Image - 3659810733.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 321
  • iOS Image - 4268012798.jpg
    iOS Image - 4268012798.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 322
Sponsored Links
I had an engineer come today to look at my underfloor heating and said that I need to get my pump changed. He says it’s top of the range but seems steep. He’s quoting £670+vat for pump and £200 to fit it.
I have found the same pump (Grundfos UPS2 25-40/60) online for £86 + delivery and VAT.

I would look for another engineer; or even post your problem here so someone can advise you what to do.

I have found the same pump (Grundfos UPS2 25-40/60) online for £86 + delivery and VAT.

I would look for another engineer; or even post your problem here so someone can advise you what to do.

Thanks so much for a prompt response

Don't normally agree with commenting on prices. But you are being totally ripped off. it would take 20 minutes tops to change the pump.

As for the stats and actuators - we need more details, but sounds like he's talking out of his arse.

UFH control can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be...

Sponsored Links
A magna1 25-60 is about 600 retail so depends exactly what he specc'd and why.

So I called another engineer (these are all GasSafe dudes) and he says pump is fine needs bleeding and zones set up with their own stats and I’m good. I have no idea who to believe.

Thanks Dan. Yes I agree. I wonder if they’ll install it if I purchased it online. Ollski is that magna a good replacement for my existing pump.

Thanks again both ..

Looking at the 3 pump performance curves the UPS2 25-40/60 is identical in performance to a standard domestic UPS2 15-50/60

This looks like a typical case of redesignating a pump as "commercial" ie give it a nominal 25 port size (makes little difference) to suit the underfloor heating manufacturers..ie. so they can charge a rip off price.

They are both 1 1/2 " port threads, 130mm port to port etc.

The Pump that you already have is as good as any other, if it is faulty a straight replacement is as good as any other, cant really comment on your other quote as havent a clue what you are trying to achieve

1. Did the engineer say why the pump needed changing?
2. Was it a like for like replacement?
3. If not, which pump was he recommending?

Gasguru is talking crap.
Underfloor heating needs a higher capacity pump due to the resistance of pumping through multiple loops potentially say 1000 metres of underfloor pipework.
The larger inlet pump of a 25/60 gives more ommph than a standard 15/60 the inlet port being 50 % smaller.
The OP underfloor system is relatively new installed 2017 and i would imagine just needs correctly venting and balancing. It is worth noting those later manifolds have a built in filter on the flow. Polypipe put the filter on as people kept putting underfloor on dirty systems which can foul up the flow meters.
I can only see 1 flow indicator in photo. 4 ltrs/min far too fast !!
Normally rule of thumb 1-1.5 ltrs/ min

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back