Price to re-surface or artex kitchen ceiling approx 12 M sq

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm located near Gloucester and would like kitchen ceiling re-surfaced plus one length of 127 mm gypsum cove to 4 meter side as existing one a bit tacky to look at. Ceiling previously worked on long time ago after upstairs leak so there are some ugly joints to cover up, plus small patch of missing artex. Want to get the entire ceiling looking its best. Ceiling is dry. Price to re-artex 12 M sq ceiling and 4 m length coving please.
Ideally, I would like job done in a week or two.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Get it boarded out with fresh plasterboard. £200 ish - it'll add far more than that to the house value.

we spend 90% of our work covering artex up!!
only been asked once to re artex a ceiling...
id say re board and away you go ready for artex
dont know the going rate for artex but Id say you looking about £250 board and skim with the coving......

Thanks Skimmers.
Probably not artex then, just the stuff you expect to find on a ceiling:) But you say re-boarding is necessary which comes as a surprise. I thought you could just cover up those cracks with something and do whole ceiling the same to make it look even. All ceilings have joints and thats pretty much what I have to cover. I'm just trying to make sense of the re-boarding bit at this stage.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
if its in poor shape then re boarding is best but if its still sound then in see if the crack runs down a joist then screw up each side scrape off any high spots and use scrim tape over the cracks.

Then roller one a nice thick coat of british gypsm BONT-IT or
knauf betokontakt or wickes bonding agent or blue grit...

let it dry over night then skim it as normal some times you mite need 3 coats of finish to cover it but with any of them primers it will stick like **** on a sheet

Big help on price and materials. Now know where I stand on options. All the best and last post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back