Prices for carpentry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we are currently arranging for lots of plastering works within our house and i`m looking into getting all of the door casings changed, prior to carrying any plastering out. (hopefully so we can get the plaster flush ish to the new casing)

What ball park figures would i be looking at for changing a casing (actual timber frame of door would remain in place)

I`m guessing i`m going to need quite a bit of a carpentry budget. All of the skirting in the house has been removed, all the door casings need changing and i will require new doors throughout as well...bugger)

Sponsored Links
Somebody guessing at a job they've never seen on an internet forum is just plain daft - get written quotes.

Sponsored Links
Possibly better, if i`m honest i haven't read the rules for a while.

I just wanted a ballpark figure for me to budget on, at the moment i have zero to go on. I`d say what, £25 a casing in cost and what 2-3 hours per casing?

assume 3 casings per day, £275-300 per a day? so i`m looking at a £1000 ish bill for 10 door casings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back