Pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Recent favour I did was with a joiner fitting a kitchen. He commented that he thought I was under-pricing myself. For:
1. Replacing 2 single sockets for doubles
2. Fitting additional 2 double sockets and single socket (walls had to be chased)
3. Earth bonded sink unit
4. Rewired circuit for cooker
, the total cost was £180 (inc. parts and labour)

So, what do you all think??
Just joined, am I allowed to ask you all this???? Cheers
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Welcome!

Forum rules include:

9 ) It's not advisable to ask costs / prices or a ball park figure.

Pricing will depend on several factors such as your location, access to job, material costs, labour rate etc.
No two jobs will be the same and any prices mentioned should not be relied upon!

----------------------------------------------

If we cant see it cant be quoted. In any event nobody will give out prices on a public forum.
If you want to see how much you could charge check this out!
http://www.chelseaelectrical.com/ourcharges.html

PS There's electricity in Glasgow? Blimey!

1. depends on if you chased new boxes in or used socket converters, or did the nasty trick of puting a double surface patress over the old box..

2. depends on whether it was plaster or sand/cement render , concrete block or thermalite, srandard bricks or engineering blues..

3. kitchen sinks don't need bonding anymore.. not to our regs anyway, do you have your own set up in scotland?

4. length of run, ease of access to floor voids etc..

and you don't say how long that took you, and what part of the £180 was labour and what was parts..

the forum has rules about asking for prices / quotes
however, the general rule when asking about prices etc is ...

"can't see it, can't quote it.."

but since this is not asking for a quote I'm sure that rule can be bent..

thanks for the advice re forum rule 9 - did not know but know now!!!

yip got elecy a few years ago, also updated the horse and cart to steam powered buses

Sponsored Links
Just ask the Mods to move this to Trade Talk, then you won't be breaking any advice-asking rules.

8hrs ? more like half that to do what he said

ps - what about testing ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back