primatic cylinder

namsag said:
I know why it shouldn`t be used but if bubble goes you have filthy heating water into the domestic as well.

Very true but perhaps the addition of inhibiter and all its chemicals are likely to be of more harm especially if the owner was unaware that the waters had mixed and bathed in it. :(

Sponsored Links
Bahco said:
namsag said:
I know why it shouldn`t be used but if bubble goes you have filthy heating water into the domestic as well.

Very true but perhaps the addition of inhibiter and all its chemicals are likely to be of more harm especially if the owner was unaware that the waters had mixed and bathed in it. :(

exactly :!:

there's non so blind as those that don't want to see !

Was one of the demonstations by fernox years ago that the product was safe to drink ., they used to do the rusty nail in water and the good as new nail in fernox... As i have said i know why we are not meant to use it but added in the right way what harm would it do.

Just maybe vapours from the inhibitor escape into the bubble and condense/dissolve in the DHW.

I know a guy whose vent pipes are the the wrong way round over his cisterns. He says his bath water smells of inhibtor sometimes! (Done that way when the Netaheat-Profile it's on was new, and he's trying to claim off the original plumber :eek: )

Sponsored Links
Chris it is one of those questions i have asked manufacturers reps and tech desks over the years with no proper answer given. Usual answer is your not meant to because???. Bit like most people think you cannot have primatic on fully pumped system

lurcherzip said:
how do i go about fitting a new radiator to my primatic cylinder central heating. pros and cons. anybody know anything
thanks everyone for your input i was amazed at the response. just joined diynot at 8.00 am and i have only just looked at the response at 8 pm fantastic. turning off water supply tomorrow and taking rad off , fitting new rad with trv, having to extend old 8mm pipe so that i will have a lockshield valve at other end. water not too hard, pretty good. thats part of the job. watch this space for developments :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back