primatic cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do i go about fitting a new radiator to my primatic cylinder central heating. pros and cons. anybody know anything

Sponsored Links
I hate primatic cylinders :evil:
Rip it out and fit a NORMAL cylinder :D
Hope you got soft water its hard here thats why i hate them.

Sry back to question

Just Turn off water supply change as a normal system drain rads and refill (use a inhibiter)

Sponsored Links
gasandoilman said:
you need to replace the inhibiter if you drain down :rolleyes:

Most plumbers don't put inhibiter in primatics or you will get a funny smell in the bath water,your testacles will shrink and your hair will fall out :eek:

After system has been refilled and all air out and system working ok . What would be wrong with adding inhibitor through a rad bleed using a cartridge gun. If heating circuit water doesn`t mix why would inhibited heating water mix.

TO ALL THE PREVIOUS POSTERS

PRIMATIC = combined water and heating cylinder DO NOT PUT INHIBITOR IN only advise when you know what your talking about!

water movement in cylinder will mix both sections and it is also written on every primatic cylinder i have ever seen not to put inhibitor in the system.

How will water movement mix it i , that would mean normal dirty heating water would mix with the domestic.. Which it DOESN`T . It is always said not to add inhibitor but i have never seen it written on any label..

My understanding is that that an air pocket inside cylinder stops the water from mixing.

HOWEVER, there is a risk that this air pocket can be lost, hence that is why inhibiter solution should NOT be used in Primatic cylinders :D

I know why it shouldn`t be used but if bubble goes you have filthy heating water into the domestic as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back