primatic cylinders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was wonderin if any1 can tell me how a primatic cylinder wrks?

ive strted doin it at college nd was just wonderin if ne1 knew?

thnx

Sponsored Links
prso_gers09 said:

thnx

english a second language?

Its a cylinder inside a cylinder, the smaller one basically replacing the indirect coil, but only being seperated from the main body of water by an air bubble....in a nutshell. Will your lecturer not tell you?

yeh he told us briefly but i dnt rly understand it :confused:
he said,

cylinde strts 2 fill up as it does the water goes in2 bottom annulur then keep goin up and eventually in2 the heat exchanger, water strts to go dwn primary return fillin up the heatin side, as the water rises its pushed up primary flow, both heatin and hot water are eventualy filled leavin 2 air gaps in the top annulur and primary vent.

the air bit is wat i dnt understand i dnt understand hw it wrks i was tld summit bout the air movin about but nt sure hw

Sponsored Links
prso_gers09 said:
yeh he told us briefly but i dnt rly understand it :confused:
he said,

cylinde strts 2 fill up as it does the water goes in2 bottom annulur then keep goin up and eventually in2 the heat exchanger, water strts to go dwn primary return fillin up the heatin side, as the water rises its pushed up primary flow, both heatin and hot water are eventualy filled leavin 2 air gaps in the top annulur and primary vent.

the air bit is wat i dnt understand i dnt understand hw it wrks i was tld summit bout the air movin about but nt sure hw

prso_gers09 said:

thnx

Just some friendly advice ;)

Your not sending text messages to your mates now.

Real words are much easier to understand and you will find that you get more help from the older more experienced guys who don't speak your text message language.

prso_gers09 said:
sorry, to used to it with texting and msn

do we get a version of above that can be read by people who dont read charv writing?

yes he told us briefly but i dont really understand it
he said,

cylinder starts to fill up as it does the water goes into the bottom annulur then keep going up and eventually into the heat exchanger, water starts to go down primary return filling up the heating side, as the water rises its pushed up primary flow, both heating and hot water are eventually filled leaving 2 air gaps in the top annulur and primary vent.

the air bit is what i dont understand, i dont understand how it works i was told something about the air moving about but not sure how??

that better?

Better get used to it guys - in 25 years time this sort of thing will be standard BBC English and nobody will understand old codgers like us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back