Primatic !! please help

There is NO coil in a Primatic. As suggested in DIYNOT, you are probably a little confused. Take the advice and get a plumber. But as a snippet:

www.salamander-engineering.co.uk/technicalcentre/faq/faq.htm#primatic[/QUOTE]

Yes I know no coil in a primatic or direct !! I have a primatic to fit this will be powered by a back boiler but it has 1 hole to many all i want is a diagram or something to fit it in !! simples ....Ste .
So why confuse the issue by pointing out that there is no coil in the NEW primatic!? And, comments like the above won't endear ypourself to contributors ESPECIALLY as the link I provided takes you to a pretty clear diagram!!

Sorry never looked at the link :eek: yes that is the same as what i have in the picture/diagram but on the left hand side their is only one hole the cold feed on mine their is one above 1" bsp I will try and post a photo ..
Oh thank you for all your replies :D
Ste

Sponsored Links
Yes I know no coil in a primatic or direct !! I have a primatic to fit this will be powered by a back boiler but it has 1 hole to many all i want is a diagram or something to fit it in !! simples ....
Ste .

Its difficult to guess at why you are involved in doing this.

I get this feeling that you are a DIYer who does a few jobs for people on a paid basis without sufficient knowledge and almost certainly without insurance.

If thats the case then thats why many feel that the plumbing industry should be better regulated so that only those with a proven basic knowledge are allowed to do work commercially.

yes that is the same as what i have in the picture/diagram but on the left hand side their is only one hole the cold feed on mine their is one above 1" bsp I will try and post a photo ..

Eh?

Sponsored Links
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/stesrg/toboiler.jpg

And these are the male 1" fittings from the otherside of the tank which you cannot see into the tank or poke your finger through .... think these are to be connected to the boiler ? I need to know what side .... No I am not charging for this its a pensioner and as I have changed 10 hot water tanks in my life indirect/direct never come across one of these !!!

So as I am getting miffed I will connect up as a direct tank leave the boiler and just put the imersion on a timmer and stuff it .... cant afford a plummber so I took it on and a good deed :cry:

THANK YOU .....

Fear not - I sussed it and the top female is as I suspected - a redundant sec. return - just blank it off . and carry on ;)

Fear not - I sussed it and the top female is as I suspected - a redundant sec. return - just blank it off . and carry on ;)

Ahhh so the 2 male connectors the other side (the one's closest together) are to be connected to the boiler ? and the top one the other side is to be blanked off and the bottom is the cold feed :p
ste ....

It look like a indirect cylinder... Thought you can't get primatic cylinder?

Take a look inside through the imm heater boss and see if it got a coil or not....

Dan

It look like a indirect cylinder... Thought you can't get primatic cylinder?

Take a look inside through the imm heater boss and see if it got a coil or not....

Dan

I look and see a copper bucket or similar sort of thing can see right through to the imersion element no coil in this one mate :eek:
Ste

You have the flow and return wrong way round.

from a plumber who does know :rolleyes:

have fun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back