Printer not responding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a HP officejet 6700 and have been trying for the last hour to print a document using pages. I have rebooted my mac, turned the power off the printer at cable, run a wireless network test which is fine and a print status report which is fine.
The only warning i have is low ink, would the printer not respond because of this?, it printed the two reports out ok. Its connected to my mac wirelessly.

Thanks in advance, i'm really stuck and need to get a quote out

dcdec

Sponsored Links
If the ink has run out completely (or the chip on the cartridge is saying it has!) then the printer will not print at all. All you can do is replace the ink cartridge(s).

Thanks astra, the ink hasn't run out completely. In the end i deleted the printer and re-installed it which has kinda worked but there is definately a connectivity problem on the wireless connection, its fine but somewhere between mac and printer one or both don't think they are connected and the connection becomes intermittent (even though signal strength is very strong, and diag test said its fine), in the printer window in preferences its green but will go to amber and then back to green again

P.S Can anyone recommend a cheap retailer for HP ink?, its gonna cost me £50 in PC world (who i hate)!

Thanks astra, the ink hasn't run out completely. In the end i deleted the printer and re-installed it which has kinda worked but there is definately a connectivity problem on the wireless connection, its fine but somewhere between mac and printer one or both don't think they are connected and the connection becomes intermittent (even though signal strength is very strong, and diag test said its fine), in the printer window in preferences its green but will go to amber and then back to green again

P.S Can anyone recommend a cheap retailer for HP ink?, its gonna cost me £50 in PC world (who i hate)!
Have a look on Ebay. There are any number of people selling cheap inks but they are copies of the real ones albeit a fraction of the price. Check on the feedback of anyone you use before you buy. I'm not sure if your printer is 'chipped' but I suspect it is and it will know if they are generic inks. Make sure the ones you buy are also 'chipped'. Just ask the seller the question BEFORE you buy. I have a pair of cartridges_ HP49 and HP29. both new and unopened. They're for an older printer but free to anyone on here who can use them

Sponsored Links

Have a look on Ebay. There are any number of people selling cheap inks but they are copies of the real ones albeit a fraction of the price. Check on the feedback of anyone you use before you buy. I'm not sure if your printer is 'chipped' but I suspect it is and it will know if they are generic inks. Make sure the ones you buy are also 'chipped'. Just ask the seller the question BEFORE you buy. I have a pair of cartridges_ HP49 and HP29. both new and unopened. They're for an older printer but free to anyone on here who can use them
I've had a quick look on Ebay for you and this one doesn't seem too bad.
99.7% feedback but sells a massive amount so worth a look at: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Remanuf...ng_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item4170d2cf73

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Is it black ink you're running short on?
Some printers can be configured to use CMY to produce black, but takes a lot longer to print.

Also, check the spool size of your print file. It could be huge and still spooling before spitting any of it out.

I found my mac to loose connection regulary with hp printer, changed the wireless channel which helped a lot as interference from neighbours wifi.

Original post was over 2 1/2 months ago and no response from OP for that time.

Would have thought he had it sorted by now as he said he had urgent problem back then!!

Sponsored Links
Back