Printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the ideal printer for printing cad drawings?

Iv seen many A1 printers inkjets and photo printers

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Now model numbers may have changed slightly, but when I was considering a good all-rounder A1 plotter about a 18 months ago it would have been one of these 2.

HP Designjet 510 610 mm Printer (CH336A) (I've had direct experience of using these and can say they are a great printer.)

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Work/Products/Professional_Print/Large_Format/iPF605/index.asp I've not used one of these but I believe its a bit cheaper to run and buy.

Both good for mainly black and white but will do good colour stuff if required.

we have that HP printer in our office. It is okay for printing out the odd few drawings now and then, but it takes ages to print out large amounts of drawings. I printed out 2 sets of drawings about 40-50 in total. It took all morning to for them to complete. (although the paper did run out)

usually we just email em over to staples and get them printed its doesnt usually cost too much and they even fold em all up too.

Just a thought, depending on how many you want to print against the cost of a 1.5-2grand printer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back