Printers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anybody know if these all-in-one printers from argos, currys etc. come with ink cartridges or do you have to buy these seperatly.

Also, would i be right in thinking that usb2 is completly different, and not compatible with usb (standard)

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
with.
they are backwards compatable, ie usb 2 will work on usb1 but usb 1 will not work on usb2 (allegedly)

personally i do not like the all in one things, if one goes they all go, "photocopies" cost more this way (yes ok so they are in colour) but what use is a genuine colour black and white document, still if its what you want......

They all come with ink, but I have noticed that some manufacturers are including the smaller cartridges. Also bugs me that you don't get a printer cable.

When you consider the cost of some of the all in one devices, they can be quite good value.

I'm not a great fan of Lexmark, but I sell loads of them. Why? Because something like the X1150 all in one sells for less than £40. Thrash it for 12 months and then throw it away.

However, if you a looking for top of the range, I would agree with breezer and go for separates.

Sponsored Links
USB's 1 and 2 are completely compatible BUT - if you mix them you will get only USB 1 speed.

It's not unusual to find that a replacement cartridge costs almost as much as a new printer. My rule is to look for the cheapest, most widely available cartridges (check out shops' own brands) and then get a printer that uses them. Look at the price of refill kits too.

Warning: Some printers use cartridges with chips in. This means that (a) they cost more, (b) they stop working before the ink runs out amd (c) you can't refill them. I suggest you treat these as you would a British Rail pork pie pickled in astatine.

I'm inclined to agree with separates because you don't have all your eggs in one basket. On the other hand you need more bench space and more power sockets. It's a personal choice.

Back