Ink cartridges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought an Epson DX7450 all in one printer, and the cartridges for it will soon run out now doubt. Does anybody know of any good reliable internet sites where you can buy these cartridges from and would you recommend compatible or original. I might consider buying in stock to get a little cheaper but wouldn't want more than 3 of each colour.

Thanks for replying
Marc

Sponsored Links
When I was looking for Epson printer cartridges the best site I found was http://www.photobox.co.uk It doesn't list the DX7450 presumably because it is a fairly new model. From what I can see it uses the same ink as the DX4000 and DX6000 You can find the genuine and compatible inks here

Sponsored Links
I have been using compatibles from ebay on my Epson Photo R220 the last couple of times. Very happy with the quality.

Try to make sure the seller has a decent score after his name though.

I use Prink for my Epson, no probs with quality.

Pack of 4 Compatible Ink Cartridges for DX7450 £11.90 delivered. Prink Here

Salem.

Don't use compatible inks if your printer is under warranty - it will invalidate it. Epson spend more money develping ink than they do on the printers and printing themselves. The compatible stuff isn't made by EPson, or sold by them and it WILL ruin your printer. The carts for this printer are pretty much £6.99 each everywhere but the best way to buy them is by buying the full packs which save you a few bob. If you go to PC World all ink is sold on a buy one get one half price (its a standard offer not a promotion) and I think this will be the cheapest way of buying original ink.

Just DON'T use compatibles (it goes for any printer where the head is part of the printer and not on the cartridge.)

You sound like you work for Epson, Superspec.

Quote from "Which" report:

Some generic ink cartridges are almost as good as printer manufacturers' own and are much cheaper, says Which?

By choosing one of the best performing generics, an average user1 could save nearly £100 over three years. Using Epson ink cartridges would cost £140.60, whereas Print-Rite ink would cost £42.29

...The printer manufacturers' own cartridges do produce excellent results on text, graphs and photos, making them all Best Buys, but they're very expensive. Generics such as Print-Rite and Ink Again also gain Best Buy status for a fraction of the cost.

...Malcolm Coles, editor, Which?, says:

"We think it's wrong that own-brand inks continue to be outrageously expensive and we want printer manufacturers to reduce the cost of cartridges".

"We'd like to see consumers make this happen by buying one of our Best Buy generics and switching to printer brands with lower running costs, such as Epson and Canon."

Sponsored Links
Back