Prior Approval Larger Home Extensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at a new project where previous owners had built a conservatory to the rear of the property and is connected to a once detached garage. The property is semi-detached and we are looking to demolish the conservatory and re-build a 5.4m deep single storey extension. The maximum height and eaves height lend the project for a prior approval larger home extension Application rather than full planning.

However as the extension meets the once detached outbuilding is the proposal also a side extension and a much larger rear extension including the length of the garage which would put the project well over the 6m allowed? Would a householder planning application be the better way forward? Property is not listed nor is it within an AONB etc.

I've enclosed a couple of PDFs to help explain the query.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• SK01.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 124
  • SK02.pdf
    101.6 KB · Views: 131
Sponsored Links
I would say once it attaches to the garage the whole structure will be deemed the 'enlarged part of the dwellinghouse' and this would bring in the side elevation rule. Having said that I think there's sufficient greyness to give it a go. What's the other boundary like? Is a 5.4m extension likely to be approved under planning?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back