Prison Executes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its 4th inmate

The US state of Arkansas ended its aggressive (?) execution schedule on Thursday (last) by executing its 4th inmate in 8 days

Arkansas had scheduled 8 executions over an 11 day period before one of its lethal injection drugs expires at the end of the month.

Sponsored Links
Afaik those who have been supplying the drugs that are used in executions are now refusing to do so ?

there fore those states in the US that still have the death penalty are running out.

As i understand it a UK company has or was supplying the drug ???

Sponsored Links
The courts found them guilty and passed the sentence, and yet the American system of appeal after appeal keeps them in limbo for 20 years or more - until the use by date makes it imperative to act. Part of me feels there needs to be a system of justice and retribution, as well as acting as a deterrent, but is limbo a good place to keep both the inmate and the families of the deceased. Ketamine is used to put horses down painlessly, and that will always be in plentiful supply, so what's the overcomplicated system of three drugs to kill a person for.

For a country that largely believes in the bible, they seem rather confused... "thou shalt not kill" remember that one? Mind you on saying that its not very specific is it? Thou shall not kill what precisely. Humans? Animals? Vegetables? Bacteria? Confusing stuff.

For a country that largely believes in the bible, they seem rather confused... "thou shalt not kill" remember that one? Mind you on saying that its not very specific is it? Thou shall not kill what precisely. Humans? Animals? Vegetables? Bacteria? Confusing stuff.
An eye for an eye and all that stuff..

Just another highlight why religion and those who follow it 'religiously' are crackpots imo!

Well I used to be an atheist, but as I get older I nudge towards agnostic, wisdom (allegedly) has taught me it is best to hedge ones bets.

An eye for an eye and all that stuff..

That must the koran your referring too.
There is no clear mandate in the Bible either for or against capital punishment. The Old Testament Law prescribed the death penalty for an extensive list of crimes, many of which are considered minor today.

the Bible
presumably you mean only the New Testament.

Christ and the Apostles were all Jewish, so can be assumed to have followed Jewish laws unless stated otherwise. Matthew 5.48 (edited) is an example that contradicts Leviticus 24.17-23. You are mistaken in guessing that it is only in the Koran.

See also Acts 10.15

Last edited:
That must the koran your referring too.
Exodus 21:23-25: “f there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Exodus 21:23-25: “f there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.”
Well thankfully at least on the whole Christians certainly don't pay much heed to that verse.
Gordon Wilson shook the hands of the men that murdered his daughter and forgave them.
A true Christian. And that's how it should be.
He should have a bronze stature erected in Enniskillen. Its more likely the libertard banner waving authorities will erect one in Londonderry for ira man and killer of people martin maginnis.

Last edited:
Well thankfully at least on the whole Christians certainly don't pay much heed to that verse.
In recent years many countries have cut down on executions.

It would be hard to say that execution is unchristian, when for almost two thousand years it was a common event in Christian countries.

Londoners used to travel on the Tube to see public executions.

afaik China carries out the most official executions in the world ,followed by iran ??

Sponsored Links
Back