Private Building Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Maybe a stupid question - what should I be searching for if I want to use a private firm for Building Regs approval on my extension build rather than the council?

Searching in Liverpool for Private Building Control only yields a couple of results, only one of which is local.

Is it the case that there’s little choice other than the council, or am I just searching for the wrong term? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to go private? I'm in Birmingham and the council inspectors have been very good. Plenty of advice, 24 hour arrangement for visits and not overly nit picky.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all for the replies :)

Why do you want to go private? I'm in Birmingham and the council inspectors have been very good. Plenty of advice, 24 hour arrangement for visits and not overly nit picky.
I don’t want to necessarily go private, but I wish to assess the costs and benefits of public and private.

You will generally find that private are more expensive than LABC.
As for benefits one way or the other; you generally find that most private inspectors come across from LABC, and so some still have that 'public official' mindset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back