ProAction (or HAUS?) WQP8-9249G dishwasher not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dishwasher won't heat the water up, everything else seems to work fine though. I am considering attempting to replace the heating element. I couldn't find anything on the web regarding this job, or the correct replacement part, except that this model is sometimes rebranded as 'Haus'. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I would check the heater first. With a meter before you waste good money and find out its not that.

Ok I'll try that, do you know how it's accessed on this type? It's a slimline model. Also, it would be really handy to know if I anyone knows where I could get an appropriate replacement as otherwise there's no point starting...

Never seen or heard of that make. Poss a deal when you got a kitchen. Ie how dens. Hygena . Diplomat mfi. Etc somewhere along that lines. Do you know where you bought it from.

Sponsored Links
If its not washing you have nothing to lose otherwise search ebay for a local deal to you.

Doubt theres an access panel on the bottom of this but look anyway, if there is it will be obvious. If not obvious then the answer is no.

Top off, right side panel off to expose heating element at the bottom right rear.
Remove connections from heater and test with meter.

Identify if the heater is 'ring' element or 'pass thru' type.

Proaction Spare Parts

No support for spare parts is listed with any of the major spares distributors. we would have to assume that this means that ongoing support is liable to be extremely limited. Made by Argos. And homebase. Shipped over from China. Time to scap it I would think.

I bought it from gumtree, assured it was working, looked in vgc... I was hoping it was a 're-brand' of a more common make so parts would be interchangeable.

Parts probably are but you need to look at it to identify the parts first so get the top and side panel off.

I took the back and top panel off and most of one side. Removing this side panel is tricky because the remaining screws holding it on are difficult to access as the bottom panel (small section under the door) is in the way. Maybe I will have to turn it upside down or on its side to remove this panel completely... Anyway, can you tell me which component is the heating element / thermostat / which part should I test? (To recap: the water doesn't heat up at all)

2nd photo is showing the circulation pump (the big white block with metal pump attached), can't actually see the heater but it must be further in but on the same side as the pump usually.

Try to get a photo of the left side more i.e where the 2 pink wires are that attach to the white disc sensor. Might be poss to id that part too then.

You sure theres def enough water filling in the tub, if not a pressure sensor will not switch on the heater though not on all models.

Also worth asking, when you collected the machine how was it transported? On its side, back or upright.

I am convinced the heater on your will look like a long cylindrical metal cased heater, looks a bit like an car exhaust silencer if that helps.

Thanks,

I transported it on its side. I'll get the panel off to get another picture, see if I can see the element as you describe.

How would I know if there's enough water? Run it while the panels are off to see it filling (the translucent plastic part? Is that what you call the tub?). I had it connected to my cold supply which has good pressure. Also, when I opened the door to look mid-cycle there was always lots of water in the dishwasher

Tub- refers to the inside of the machine where the dishes go.

1st the machine will drain, when it stops draining open the door, has all the water gone?

Now close the door, it should continue with the programme.

Next it fills, you will see water coming in through the pipework in your 1st photo, after it finishes filling open the door and check the water level in the tub, how high is it? This is to check if too little or too much!

Thats good you checked pressure.

It is most likely the heater at fault but it is worth checking the above first, once you locate the heater and tested it we can proceed.

Yes thats the heater and the two pink wires that attach to a white disc, thats a pressure switch, one pink will go to the heater, correct? no water no pressure no heat.
Pressure switch could be faulty or stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back