ProAction (or HAUS?) WQP8-9249G dishwasher not heating up

cool, how do I test the heater? I have a multi-meter - I could test for continuity?

Sponsored Links
Plug removed from mains.
1st check meter working, connect the 2 probes together, should get less than 2 ohms on lowest ohms range
Disconnect heater plug, connect probes to each heater connector, meter on lowest ohms range, whats the reading, if no reading set meter to highest ohms range, any change?

not sure quite what you mean by the 'plug'? I've uploaded a video http://youtu.be/5GpUh5L-IXs

I pulled out the plug with the pink wire and the plug with the pink and the red wire. When I touch one probe to each contact I don't get a reading ie presumably maximum resistance. I tested the meter works by touching the probes together

Plug - house mains 240v if in uk.

Sounds like the heater is open circuit, faulty.

Source a replacement, same bore sizes otherwise pipes won't fit, watt rating around the same otherwise heating water will take longer if much lower rated, same overall length ( too long and it won't easily fit in between the two hose connectors.

About £18-25 new.

Replace the 2 clips as the old ones are usually unuseable.

Sponsored Links
I realize you meant the mains plug I meant I wasn't sure what the 'heater plug' was. Presumably I guessed right and it is the pink and the pink/red connections that I tried.

Do you think I could have damaged it in transit (on its side), it was a short journey and carefully lifted in and out of the car.

I'll have a look for a new element. Thanks for your help, hopefully get it going again.

Yes you have tested it correctly, one probe connected to each connection on the heater.
Should get a reading of about 25 ohms.

Your results show it as being open circuit so its faulty.

Unlikely to have caused damage in transit regardless of how it was moved, upright, on its side or even upside down. Must have already been faulty or just a coincidence it failed as soon as you got it home but how likely is that? If it had a very bumpy ride home could have possibly damaged it though doubt it.

Remove the heater and inspect inside the heater chamber, clean and shiny or scaled up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back