Probe tips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I've lost one of the removable probe tips on the leads with my Megger 1552.

Megger will sell me a pack of 20 for £10 +vat, plus £7 carriage.

That's £20 for a tip...anybody know a better way ?

Without this, I won't be able to use it for my 2391. I know exactly where the tip is, but I can't move a 330 litre unvented DHW tank to get to it...

Thanks, David

Sponsored Links
That's £20 for a tip
No, that's £20 for 20 tips.

If Megger sell them in packs of 20 then maybe they're things that tend to get lost/broken/worn out regularly? You've lost one already.....

Maybe you can get them at a wholesaler that sells Megger testers, and avoid the carriage?

Just buy the 20, keep 19 spare for future losses, and to help out others when you're working together and they've lost one of theirs - favours like that come around.

That's where I may be able to help if he confirms it's just one small clear tip he's after.

Sponsored Links
Buy the 20, and put 10 of 'em on fleabay for £2 each + P&P. That leaves you one to use and 9 more to lose or swap....

Could you retrieve it with one of those telescopic magnetic things - just extend it, poke it down and it might be able to grab the tip?

Oh, I had assumed it was some sort of e.g. crocodile clip thing that plugs over so has enough metal in it to be picked up by a magnet...

I think he's talking about the small clear plastic tips on the end of the probes:

6220-782.jpg

You can use their testers on the 2391.

Then use insulation tape for your own :LOL:

I was told to improvise by my NIC assessor (for my T100)... so I recon some 10mm insulation should sort it??

OR maybe a small bit of heatshrink??

I was told to improvise by my NIC assessor (for my T100)... so I recon some 10mm insulation should sort it??

OR maybe a small bit of heatshrink??

On that subject, not to hijack an existing topic, but did you ever manage to find proper replacement tip covers for your T100? I've only had mine five minutes and managed to lose them already :(

No I haven't...

But then again the lead insulation is split where it meets the body so it's really time for a replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back