probelms with a leaking joint!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i Have a problem with my washing machine waste connector or rather the plumbing assosicated with it basicly my washing machine waste pipe goes into the upright stand pipe and then into the outside drainage however of recently the "U" bend has started leaking i have tried ptfe tape on the U Bend joints i have tried making the washer more secure by using ptfe tape yet it still leaks their is no blockages that i can find how best can i fix this problem i have a few pictures of the pipe work i am dealing with its made up of pushfit and solvents :S

I better just say i am not a plumber but am willing to try anything as my kitchen cupboard really can't take much more water LOL.
and the last picture shows the bend it is leaking from any ideas surgesstions are more then welcome they are really needed thanks. i thought of using a trap with a washing machine connector or just replacing a bend not sure which is best or if their are any other idea's?

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I may try that make can you but the 40mm washers seperatly and how did you know it was a 40mm washer thats amazing lol.

I may try that make can you but the 40mm washers seperatly and how did you know it was a 40mm washer thats amazing lol.

Yes you can buy them separately.
The reason i know is experience and all standpipes are 40mm.

You need to split the joint and check what black seal is in there as there are 2 different types.

p4784126_x.jpg

Sponsored Links
hi i think i know which one it is i will buy today and keep you updated thanks again.

Some fittings also have a hard plastic washer fitted between the rubber seal and the union nut.
Without it, the nut doesn't compress the seal onto the pipe properly when you tighten it.

Hi yeah thats the one i have TicklyT although i bought some new ones from work but before i fitted them i readjusted the seal and washer and the seal seems ok now although noiw i am getting gurggling from the sink and the standpipe is backing up what coud that be and how could i fix that now arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate plumbing lol I seem to fix one problem and get another one any help is again much appreicated.

Jamie

You got a blockage.

Remove that cap at the bottom it's a rodding point.
place a bowl or towel under it first cause if it's blocked it'll be holding water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back