problem iflo 3 port valve install? help required please.

Sponsored Links
An auto air vent just above the tank.
Found the problem I somehow have overlooked putting the 3 port in wrong!.. :oops:
Thanks again for pointing it out.

That looks like an ACL drayton valve, if so its connected wrong
It doesn't matter which brand valve it is, it's been installed incorrectly.

For a start, the pump should be connected to the centre port!

Never seen one done like that before :LOL: . I thought mixing up the "A" and "B" port was bad enough! (everyone has done that at least once, I'm sure!)

Sponsored Links
Haven't seen a TAM4 for a while now! Quite a job to change over now the relays etc are obsolete.

Strangely it seems better now! :oops:

IMG_20141101_115240_1.jpg

I even took the valve out to check it worked OK, never put one in before but that's no excuse for not seeing the obvious, I knew which port went where, so think the brain must have gone to sleep!

Oh well won't do that again, that's for sure.

Thanks again for the advice.

View media item 32248This should give you some idea on the way to pipe up your airing cupboard.
Ignore the fact that the sketch shows a pair of valves. The sequence of connecting the pipes is vital. The feed and vent connections still don't look correct to me, but that may be because I can't see where they go on the pic.

That's almost how it is plumbed, only difference is a 3 port, and feed pipe is plumbed to cylinder return.

That's almost how it is plumbed, only difference is a 3 port, and feed pipe is plumbed to cylinder return.
1. Which boiler do you have (make and model)?

2. Where is the vent plumbed in?

Vent is as per drawing... Boiler is a back boiler, baxi I think 40+ years old, serviced regularly by local gas safe technician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back