Problem joining Oak worktops!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in need of some help.

We are in the process of putting new worktops in my kitchen ( solid oak ) Cut them and routed the bolt fixing holes using a jig this weekend. I have picked up the fixing bolts from screwfix today and the steel butterfly plates are too small to grip onto the wood, they slide down the rebated gap that the bolts sits in and dont grip the wood at the top to enable us to tighten them. It looks as though we have used a guide bush on the router that is too small and this has then caused the crucifix type holes to be too big to put the bolts in!

I am using 150mm bolts and am in desperate need of either larger Bolts with larger butterfly plates or some advice on how to sort this ASAP.

Thanks

Ryan

Sponsored Links
or just get some flat bar and drill a hole through the middle and thread the bolts through that

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips guys, I can't re rout the holes as I won't have enough room to put buiscuts in, but I will try the flat bar idea.

Cheers

Ryan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back