Problem poo on driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys further to the post about cats down the page , I have a loose stone driveway that is a litter tray for the local foxes etc .

I have tried pepper and chilli powder as suggested by friends , but these don't seem to have any effect and obviously needs reapplying after rain!!

Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks Si

Sponsored Links
clean away the animal muck every day. If they smell it has been used before they will do it again.

They might be scent-marking for territory.

You can get a thing called "Renardine" which smells strongly and is put about on bits of rags protected by flowerpots or tied on string or fences.

You could also try scent-marking it yourself by weeing round the borders and putting down bits of sweaty vest. Most animals are cautious of the scent of large male carnivores which includes men. You may have noticed that cats belonging to single women are scared of men.

Keep watch. If it is a dog, shout loudly at the owner. If it is a wild animal, a car horn or hosepipe will alarm them, but you have to do it every time, or they will know there is no danger e.g. at night.

JohnD said:
You could also try scent-marking it yourself by weeing round the borders .

JohnD, I think my neighbour has just had a heart attack after I followed your advice, what should I do?

;)

Thanks for the reply John D.

Good advice mate. Not too sure about marking the territory though, this is a respectable neighbourhood!!!!

Will look into the renardine sounds promising.

I am sure it is foxes and their nocturnal friends, it seems very dog like.

Thanks again Si

Sponsored Links
essexsi said:

Fox poo is usually very dark or black in colour (due to the blood they consume), it occasionally has a greasy appearance and is often full of seed and pips. If you get your nose close enough, fox poo has a very recognizable smell :eek:

this may achieve what you require:

gun-rest-bags.jpg

nstreet said:
essexsi said:

Fox poo is usually very dark or black in colour (due to the blood they consume), it occasionally has a greasy appearance and is often full of seed and pips. If you get your nose close enough, fox poo has a very recognizable smell :eek:

And if you get your nose closer, it has a very distinctive texture..... :LOL:

chrisbyrd said:
this may achieve what you require:

gun-rest-bags.jpg

I am sure you posted this tongue in cheek, but once you shoot your fox, another will take over its territory.
A documentary on TV recently, saw some one in London I believe, hire a marksman to kill a breeding pair.
A few days later they had new foxes .......... :rolleyes:

There is a product called 'Silent Roar' which are pellets soaked in...wait for it...lion poo :eek: and it's designed to deter cats.

Might work on foxes too.

Renardine was actually banned a couple of years ago. Real shame as it worked.

surely you can still "mark your teritory" who says you have to do it directly, surely you must have seen bottles on the motorway central reservation that are filled with a "yellow liquid"

no, i am not implying you get these, but you could always fill a bottle yourself, no one (apart form us) will know what you are doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back