Secure shed for driveway

Well, it doesn't have to be a shed, but I need a place to store a bicycle, pressure washer, roof box and some other odds and ends. What would you suggest?

Consider the box containers that are sold in most DIY chains. They come in metal as well as plastic and would likely meet your storage needs. Most mowers now have fold down handles to take up less space. Of course nothing is 100% burglar proof. So fit whatever padlock makes you happy to the box and make sure your contents insurance covers you for outside. I doubt very much with the items you've mentioned it would come to more than a £1000 worth if it came to making a claim. Phone your insurer and talk them through it if need be and record the conversation so that if they deny the terms you've discussed later on in the event of the claim you have it on record.

Sponsored Links
Just offering my 2 pence on the inquiry to your insurer point... I once asked my insurer 2 questions about the recommended types of locks fitted to sheds, etc. and this simple query put the premium up! Apparently they log queries like these if they feel they may be a prelude to a future claim. Not at all saying you shouldn't call but be aware in the way that you ask.

If you get a shed from any of the DIY superstores then the wooden slats will be so thin they can pull off, the hinges, the hasp & staple - all insecure.
If you get a metal one, make sure you bolt it down well.

Sponsored Links
Just offering my 2 pence on the inquiry to your insurer point... I once asked my insurer 2 questions about the recommended types of locks fitted to sheds, etc. and this simple query put the premium up! Apparently they log queries like these if they feel they may be a prelude to a future claim. Not at all saying you shouldn't call but be aware in the way that you ask.

Then change your insurer.
I'm not convinced they can legally do that either as I'm almost certain that the rise in premium must be justified.
Of course I can't remember the exact piece of legislation, but to increase your premium just for asking a question about lock security sounds like an act of bad faith.

Then change your insurer.
I'm not convinced they can legally do that either as I'm almost certain that the rise in premium must be justified.
Of course I can't remember the exact piece of legislation, but to increase your premium just for asking a question about lock security sounds like an act of bad faith.

I change every year typically in the hunt for a cheaper premium.

Was just offering my two pence on it (y) Legal or not it does happen to people and has happened to me.

I change every year typically in the hunt for a cheaper premium.

Was just offering my two pence on it (y) Legal or not it does happen to people and has happened to me.

Of course, I don't doubt you. I'm just saying perhaps it's worth a second take as it smells a little bit of bad trader practice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back