problem understanding how the central heating system works

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just moved i have a problem understanding how the central heating system works. The only way i can get hot water is my turning the boiler on which also turns the radiators on. their a little in line tap connected to the boiler. is their any way to just have hot water only?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
my cars broken down. whats wrong with it ?

Well, if its anything like mine, there is a petrol leak above the tank and none of the four bolts will come undone.

Also the side lights on the left have both failed but for different reasons ( yet to be fully determined ).

Tony

I just moved i have a problem understanding how the central heating system works. The only way i can get hot water is my turning the boiler on which also turns the radiators on. their a little in line tap connected to the boiler. is their any way to just have hot water only?

Yes, thats no problem!

All you have to do is turn just one valve off on each radiator.

Tony

Well, if its anything like mine, there is a petrol leak above the tank and none of the four bolts will come undone.

Also the side lights on the left have both failed but for different reasons ( yet to be fully determined ).

Tony

thanks for your help, i will check that out.

but that doesn't explain why the offside rear tyre is flat (only at the bottom though).

Tony

thanks for your help, i will check that out.

but that doesn't explain why the offside rear tyre is flat (only at the bottom though).

have you tried bleeding it?

The offside rear tyre is flat in the Kia, not the Frontera I was describing above. It stops being flat when I pump it up but the air machine in the shell garage has failed today so I will have to use the foot pump. It goes down over night.

I want to get the Frontera ready to go to Norfolk next weekend.

Tony

sorted.

i've managed to backfill it with the garden hose. seems ok now.

hmm might be some "wobble" when driving now. :LOL:

i'd get it balanced but i doubt the guy has a weight big enough to compensate, plus the water would stay where it is wouldnt it. ;)

sorted.

i've managed to backfill it with the garden hose. seems ok now.

hmm might be some "wobble" when driving now. :LOL:

i'd get it balanced but i doubt the guy has a weight big enough to compensate, plus the water would stay where it is wouldnt it. ;)

not a problem i've filled the other rear tyre as well. :D

well im no expert but i think thats that problem well and truly solved, i doubt we will hear from you again. :LOL:

The offside rear tyre is flat in the Kia, not the Frontera I was describing above.

Bloody amateurs :evil: :evil:

When servicing the Kia your suppose to change oil, filters and clean the air in tyres. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you prefer to have it flat on top you need to buy Australian tyres ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back