Problem with a Baxi Combi 80Eco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this, I have a Baxi Combi 80Eco boiler. Just recently it has just stoped heating the water up constantly, what will happen is it will heat the water up for so long then stop then start again, so the water is always hot/cold/hot/cold etc.

Have had a Corgi registed plumber look at it but he couldn't fix it, he said the problem was with the electrical control and that I would need an electrician, I am an electrician but have never worked with boilers.

Hopefully someone has heard of this before and will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
would check possibly a diverter or flow turbine problem it sounds like a contact which is made on your hot water is being broken could be a puntured diaphram and is getting weaker depends what is in the boiler check your manu instructions that come with the boiler

How old is it? Do all the taps do it equally? Spose you turn 2 hot taps on?

Sponsored Links
Not sure if this is of signifigance, but friend had a saunier duval 623 combi where hot water was working for while then went off for while, etc. Turned out to be loose connection on circuit board. With board exposed, saw sparking on one joint. Took it out soldered it...been working ever since. Perhaps regulars could tell if this could be a possibility here?

A BAD CONNECTION on a BAXI PCB??? :eek: :eek:
Of COURSE they have bad connections!

But they tend to be unpredictable - sensors, and cleanliness of system, would be suspect.

Thanks guys will give that a try and hopefully I can get it back up and running.

Reply to ChrisR
The boiler is 3 years old, all taps do it equally and it still does it if you turn 2 taps on at the same time.

Thanks for your help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back